An Advanced Approach for Helping Your Joint Pain
As a high-volume joint reconstruction center and orthopedic trauma center, Animas Surgical Hospital delivers better patient outcomes through:
- Near-zero infection rate
- More nurses for better care (3:1 patient-to-nurse ratio)
- Rated in the nation’s top 1% by Medicare.gov
- State-of-the-art techniques and equipment
Animas Surgical Hospital's board-certified orthopedists perform more than 900 surgeries annually.
Are you a patient preparing for an orthopedic surgery? Please view our patient education articles and videos here.
Orthopedic Surgery Services:
Animas Surgical Hospital surgeons use advanced techniques to treat musculoskeletal injuries and provide continuous care from injury to recovery and rehabilitation.
The orthopedists at Animas Surgical Hospital are skilled in some of the latest surgical techniques that can correct problems affecting the hands, arms, and shoulders, such as fractures, carpal tunnel syndrome, tendon and nerve damage, and arthritis.
Our surgeons use advanced surgical techniques to treat a variety of conditions related to the shoulder and elbow such as rotator cuff injuries, arthritis, fractures, trauma, and sports-related injuries. Patients can benefit from advanced arthroscopic techniques to restore damaged joints, ligaments, and bones, as well as conventional and reverse total shoulder replacement. Our orthopedic surgeons use the ArthrexVIP™ computer modeling system for shoulder replacement, ensuring precision implant positioning.
- Our board-certified surgeons perform total hip replacements through direct anterior approach using MAKOplasty®.
- Surgeons perform hip arthroscopic procedures, including labral repair and osteoplasty.
- Animas Surgical Hospital offers tailored total knee replacements using patient-specific planning (Visionaire System or MAKOplasty®).
- Board-certified surgeons offer partial knee resurfacing using MAKOplasty® technology.
- Surgeons perform knee arthroscopic procedures, including: soft tissue repair, ACL repair, meniscal surgery, as well as advanced cartilage restoration surgery.
Experience the benefits of Mako SmartRobotics® precision joint surgery
- Highly accurate implant placement
- More natural-feeling knee joint
- Longer lasting joint
- Shorter recovery time
Animas Surgical Hospital is the first medical center in the region to offer Mako SmartRobotics®. Since our hospital first acquired the technology in 2015, Mako has been used to guide more than 3,000 surgeries in our facility.
Our skilled orthopedic surgeons use 3D CT-based planning software to know more about your anatomy top create a personalized joint replacement surgical plan. By guiding your surgeon during surgery, Mako's AccuStop™ technology allows your surgeon to cut less by cutting precisely what's planned to help protect your healthy bone.
By applying advanced techniques like Mako SmartRobotics, our high-volume surgeons lead the way in better outcomes and improved patient care. The technology used at Animas Surgical Hospital can get you back to the things you love, quicker.
Personalized implants based on your unique anatomy through computer modeling
At Animas Surgical Hospital, surgeons use Patient-Specific Instrumentation (PSI) to generate advanced imaging of your knee or hip. Usually joint replacements are sized and measured during the operation. The bone cuts are made with reference to the inside and outside of the patient's bones. Using the Visionaire System or Arthrex VIP™, preoperative MRI scans and CT scans are used to create a virtual 3-D model of the patient's joint. From this model, your orthopedic surgeon will generate individualized cutting blocks aimed to make the procedure of total joint replacement more accurate and efficient.
Find an Orthopedist
Our facility partners with two local, independently-owned orthopedic practices in Durango, Colorado:
Animas Orthopedic Associates
575 Rivergate Lane, Suite 105
Durango, CO 81301
(970) 259-3020 or (866) 737-4739
555 Rivergate Lane, Suite B-106
Durango, CO 81301
- Jennifer Forrest, MD