Your treatment. Your hospital. Your choice.
Animas Surgical Hospital gives you a local choice in hospital facilities—one that's close, convenient, and of exceptionally high quality. Because we're locally owned and operated by area physicians, bringing you the very best care is a matter of pride.
Why choose Animas Surgical Hospital?
- Closest hospital to downtown Durango
- More nurses for better care (3:1 patient-to-nurse ratio)
- Short-wait ER
- Urgent care clinic for fast walk-in treatment of injuries and illnesses, plus convenient preventive care
- Same-day diagnostic imaging appointments
- Fast, convenient scheduling
- Less pre-operative waiting
- Locally owned and managed
- State-of-the-art techniques and equipment
- Gives you a choice in hospital facilities
- High patient satisfaction
- Manageable, easy-to-navigate hospital
- Private inpatient suites with catered gourmet meals and a view
- Flexible visiting hours
Your neighborhood hospital.
As an integral part of the Four Corners region since 2004, Animas Surgical Hospital employs highly educated, long-term residents who contribute time, energy, and vibrancy to our community. Our annual payroll and benefits inject approximately $7 million into the Four Corners and Durango.
Our institution supports the Four Corners community by giving generously to nonprofit causes, and we encourage our physicians, nurses, and staff to engage in community-building efforts.
Animas Surgical Hospital is proud to support events and organizations like Leadership La Plata, Durango Double, Durango Youth Soccer Association, Durango Running Club, Durango DEVO, the Steamworks Half Marathon, Music in the Mountains, and True West Rodeo.
Designed for patients by physicians.
Back in 2004, a group of local physicians created Animas Surgical Hospital to bring Four Corners residents specialty care. Our aim isn’t to be the only Durango hospital, but to be the very best for surgery, diagnostic imaging, emergency care, occupational medicine, and internal medicine.
The concept is obviously working. Patient satisfaction is through the roof, judging by national and statewide awards. Our patient outcomes are better, due to low patient-to-nurse ratios (3:1), a near-zero infection rate and a manageable hospital size. Our nurses, staff, and doctors report that they love working in our Durango hospital because they have more opportunities to really make a difference in people’s lives.
The local touch.
Animas Surgical Hospital remains owned and operated by physicians who live and work in the Four Corners area. They’re your neighbors and friends—and they’re highly responsive to the healthcare needs of the community we all share. Every one of our physicians has a personal interest in improving the daily operations of Animas Surgical Hospital, from fast scheduling to the latest equipment to trouble-free patient recoveries.
Choice is good.
Research shows that communities supporting a physician-owned hospital and a larger community hospital raise the quality of care at both institutions. Patient-to-nurse ratios remain lower overall when people have a choice where they receive care. At Animas Surgical Hospital, we applaud your right to select your physician, your treatment options, and your Durango hospital.
- Field Blevins, MD | Orthopedic Surgery
- Moss Fenberg, MD | Retina Specialist
- Mark Forrest, MD | Urology
- Gareth Hammond, MD | Orthopedic Surgery
- Sara Haug, MD | Ophthalmology
- Nicholas Hugentobler, DPM | Podiatry
- Kayse Lake, DPM | Podiatry
- Patrick McLaughlin, MD | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Eric Meyer, MD | Ophthalmology
- Ryan Naffziger, MD | Plastic Surgery
- Brinceton Phipps, MD | Orthopedic Surgery
- Nicole Pinkerton, MD | Gynecology
- David Silva, DO | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Karyn Teel, MD | Ophthalmology
- Phil Wiley, MD | ENT
- Jeffrey Williams, DO | Plastic Surgery
- Joshua Zastrocky, MD | Ophthalmology