At Animas Surgical Hospital, the health and well-being of our staff, patients, and community are our top priority. Since the pandemic first reached southwest Colorado, we have been working together with local public health authorities and other regional hospitals to build additional capacity in our healthcare system, procure additional personal protective equipment (PPE), and ensure the physical and economic well-being of our community.
We are continually assessing the impact of COVID-19 in our community. We have and will continue to balance the need for scheduled procedures and the potential for a surge of COVID-19 patients.
How This Affects You
As we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic together, we have developed new processes with your safety in mind. We have implemented new patient and visitor precautions throughout our facility. We continue to evaluate evidence-based guidelines and apply them within our hospital.
Pre-Surgical Screening & Screening at Entrance
Patients will be called the day before their surgery for pre-screening for COVID-19 symptoms. Upon entering our facility, all patients, visitors, employees and our medical staff undergo a screening procedures for COVID-19 symptoms and a temperature check.
All patients, visitors, and staff must wear a mask covering their nose and mouth. (Limited exceptions include children under the age of two.) We encourage visitors to bring their masks from home, but masks will be provided upon entry for those who need them.
Social Distancing Measures
We have rearranged our waiting room and other areas to maintain social distancing. Please maintain a 6-foot distance from others who are not in your immediate household.
- All Visitors:
- Patients receiving care at Animas Surgical Hospital will be permitted only ONE visitor. This ONE visitor must be the SAME person throughout the entire visitor stay.
- All visitors must be 18+ years old.
- Visitors will be screened every time they enter the facility.
- Visitors must wear a mask at all times while in our facility.
- Visitors are given the option to wait in the lobby (space permitting) or outside or in a personal vehicle. During busy times, patients or family members with special needs or disabilities have prioritized seating in the lobby.
- Inpatient Visitors:
- Visitor hours are 8 am to 8 pm. No overnight visitors allowed.
- Visitors will be given a badge that they must wear visibly while in the facility.
- Please keep your length of visitation and the number of visits to a minimum.
Visitors and Patients: Please do not enter if you have a pending COVID-19 test and/or have COVID-19 symptoms. If you need emergency care, please call the Emergency Department (970-385-2364) for further instructions.
Animas Internal Medicine, Animas Urgent Care, and Animas Occupational Medicine are now offering telehealth appointments in addition to in-person clinic visits. You'll receive care from a medical provider via secure videoconferencing. It's quick and easy to use, and our staff will walk you through every step of the process.
Thank you to our patients, staff, and providers
Thank you for your patience throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Our community has endured many challenges over the last several months, and there are many challenges that still remain ahead of us. Animas Surgical Hospital is committed to working together to care for patients, our employees, and our medical staff. We are honored to serve our community during the time of this pandemic and well into the future.